I have to admit I was sitting in front of my computer screen, lost in endless mundane thoughts and ideas for my next post. Taking a break I wandered over to my comment section and there it was!
I HAVE BEEN NOMINATED FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD!
I have seen this award showing up on several blogs that I follow, and I have secretly developed a case of blog envy. I envision my lonely little blog suddenly famous, finally someone recognized my endless chatter of drone facts as a true work of art. I have gone from unworthy to fabulous. I walk up to the stage in my latest superb creation to accept to my Oscar of Blog Awards, The Liebster. I am holding my golden award, I smile gleefully and began to thank all of the little people that has helped me achieve stardom. And then someone in the house hollered that I needed to get dinner started and snapped me back into reality.
Nonetheless I am honored and will display my award proudly on my blog
Now on to my acceptance speech. First I have to thank “Mads” from Life in a “Mads House for my nomination. She follows and responds to my posts with regularity, making me think that is at least someone out there that is listening.
The rules to this award is you are to nominate bloggers that have a smaller following but are worthy of this award. Each nominee has to answer questions that are presented to them. Below is the list of questions that I have been given and the answers as I see them.
1. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
My first post was June 2013 and I had hoped to use this forum to get projects done.
2. What is one hobby you’ve always wanted to take up, but haven’t?
I admit that I have tried just about everything except knitting, I just can’t quite get the hang of ‘knit one purl two’
3. Which real person (past or present) is your hero or inspiration, and why?
My hero is and will always be my Mom, there was seven children and she was both our mom and our dad. I personally would have killed some of us but she said if she did that the neighbors would talk about her and during that era what the neighbors thought was very important.
4. What’s the one thing you’ve made that you’re the most embarrassed of or never use/wear?
I have to admit that the things that I have created that I was embarrassed about ending up in a box of unfinished items. I usually realize that it will not work and just give up on it. It is a large box and it is full.
5. How do you reconcile your online persona with the “real” you, and how do you choose what NOT to share on your blog?
I write whatever I think about, it is the real me, the only thing I won’t share on my blog will be a picture of myself. I hate the aging process, in my house all mirrors are covered, I don’t need to see what I look like, I know and I prefer to see myself as I was not what I am.
6. What is one thing that others might be surprised to learn about you?
I own an automotive repair shop, and while I do not work on vehicles anymore but when I first opened it I did and still know more that most of the guys that work for me.
7. If you could only listen to one album for an entire year, which one would it be?
Anything Motown, from The Jackson 5 to The Supremes.
8. As far as you are concerned, what is the rudest thing ever?
Rudeness comes in many forms but the one that drives me crazy is when someone comes to the garage, ask for advice but looks over my shoulder, looking for one of the ‘men’ to answer it for him. Too bad for him, his repair bill will reflect that.
9. What’s one thing you wish you were better at?
Taking my own advice.
10. What’s on your ideal pizza?
Delivered and Free! What better pizza can there be!
11. How are you? (Seriously–I want to know!)
There are good days and bad days but overall things could be worse. One day at a time.
BONUS QUESTION: True or False: “Clue” is one of the best movies of all time.
I am afraid I cannot answer this, my daughters have watched it and love it but I don’t watch movies, I can’t usually set still long enough.
Let’s open the envelope and see who my nominees are, shall we?
‘One Year One Wardrobe‘
All of these ladies are great, their blogs are fun and creative.
Disclaimer: If any of the above blogs have been previously nominated please accept my apologies
Now for my round of questions for the ladies to answer:
1. What is your most cherished memory?
2. What 4 words would you use to describe yourself?
3. Do you have ambitions for your blog?
4. Not counting family…what do you feel your greatest accomplishment is so far in life?
5. What is your favorite sewing pattern right now?
6. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
7. What blogger inspires you the most?
8. What is your go to fabric choice?
9. What is your biggest pet peeve?
10. What is the best advice you have ever received?
My bonus question is:
What is your ‘dream’ job?
I look forward to your answers and to see who your nominations will be!